Monday 15 September 2014

This is probably the 3rd post of The First International Makeover event but not quite. Haha..

My session ended around 2 p.m. that day and I was just loitering around till it was time for the group photo. While I kepo around to fill up my time, I met this guy who popped out of nowhere! He introduced himself as David and he turn out to be an amazing photographer!


We had a casual indoor photography session inside the Soho building. The interior design of this building is actually quite a good place for portrait photography! They have those very English setting of brick walls, concrete stools and old-style factory lighting! It was love at first sight! If I could afford it, I would have bought a place there. <3


Anyway, back to the main topic. The photography session ;D I had probably mentioned it in the first post for TFIM here that this is my first experience of portrait photography modelling.


Consider this as a second session after the one with TJ. Honestly, I still feel nervous and fidgety. I think I did tell David that this is my first time posing in front of the camera as well. I think he did try to strike a conversation and make me feel at ease and comfortable with his presence before inviting me for the casual photoshoot.


David would look around, choose the perfect spot and tell me where to stand and roughly how I should pose. Then he would give me further direction on a little changes here and there such as where I should look; my expression; and etc. I feel really grateful for his directions because amateur like me always have the issue of not knowing how to pose, what expression to give and which angle is the best.


In the midst of few shots, he would show me the outcome of some shots and let me know what I could do to improve. David said that modelling in front of a camera could turn addictive but.. I'm not sure about myself because I'm such a self conscious person. Haha. But it does make sense if I get better and better in front of the camera. Which explains why people get addicted to selfies ;P


This is me trying to smile but not smiling -___- coz my expression totally froze up. Self conscious button turned on. >.<" I had to do a facial exercise and squeeze 'em all to the direction of my nose to loosen up. Lol.



And lastly, a TV shot. I mean me beside the television. Lol.


Now a days, it is common to see people hiring a photographer /  few photographers to capture their special moments such as birthday, wedding, or family gethering during festive seasons. Some people even engage with photographers to capture their youthful and bonding moments with family members or friends. But then again, there are a lot of self claimed professional photographers out there who charge a high price but deliver something of different quality compare to their portfolio.

David is quite the opposite. When I met him, I did not know how good is his photography skill or what he could deliver. Just through the photography session, he made me believe that he is some one who loves photography a lot and always try to deliver the best he could to his customers no matter if they are magazine beauties or not. Nobody likes to look ugly in the photo and being able to make everyone look stunning in the photo, I think it is amazing. 

2 weeks ago, I had a bunch of friends joining me for TFIM and they too love the photos that David captured. In my honest opinion, David is an amazing photographer to get engaged to if any of you are looking for one.  I may sound like I am paid to say all these praises but I am not. I genuinely recommend him as a choice of photographer :D

You can check out more of his beautiful work on facebook @ Jeddi Images.

Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment