Friday 15 November 2013

It was dad's birthday few days ago..

Brother suggested The Roof at 1 First Avenue, Bandar Utama and so we went! Unfortunately, they were having some kinda function there and it was all occupied. 

So we head to Sunway Giza which is nearby. This time, brother brought us to d'italiane kitchen. Sounds macam yes ;P but the food was really meh =/ I would say kinda below average. Maybe it's because of what I ordered. 




 Cute place mat :)


Their menu has a vast variety of dishes. I guess it's too much for the cook to specialize in.. 


We ordered 3 Fresh Mushroom soup. Fresh mushroom soup is one of my favourite but this one taste just moderately fine. the portion was huge though. Could probably be shared between two person :) The one that still gives me a lasting impression is from DÔME Café.


At first sight when I flip through the menu, I saw Risotto and I'm impressed. Usually I would opt for the Red Sauce Seafood Risotto but my taste buds are longing for the taste of duck dishes. So I went for the Cheesy White Cream Duck Risotto. Not sure why they called it Affumicato coz the duck meat didn't turn out to be smoked at all. Looks like pieces of pan fried bacon instead.

When the dish came, it doesn't look appetizing, like the risotto was scooped off the pot and just splattered on the plate. In my honest opinion, I think they should have used a hollow plate instead of a flat plate. Those plate with a hollow hemisphere at the center? Do you get what I mean?

So first impression gone down the drain. The portion was huge as well. Taste wise, the rice was cooked but not well cooked so I still get the grainy feeling while chewing on it. The cheesy cream was thick n salty. The duck meat taste like salty bacon strip, like really salty. I was actually expecting strip chunks of duck meat instead. In the end, half was left unattended because I just can't take it in anymore! >.< Bloated throughout the night.

I personally think they should take this off the menu.


Seafood Marinara Spaghetti. Sauce doesn't taste that delicious and some seafood were not fresh. The Linguini is too thick that the taste of flour still lingers. That's what daddy said.


Smoked Duck Aglio Olio. Not much comment about this from mom. Taste moderate as well.


Failed trying-to-look-artistic picture.

IL Classico Pizza. As the name suggest, it's a classic pizza. It's funny that my brother said it taste like vegetarian pizza before I point at the chunks of diced meat to him...

So how did the meal fare? Honestly, I don't think I would recommend this place to anyone. It's like it's not an Italian Restaurant trying to be Italian but is not doing an Italian job. =X

I'm not sure if it's because the kitchen is having a bad day.. but the meal was really disappointing.

Total damage: RM183.16 for four.

Definitely not worth it.

Instead, I would recommend Opus Bistro in Bangsar. A little pricier but you'll leave with a smiling face. :)

Lot F.10, Sunway Giza, 
Sunway Damansara, 
Kota Damansara, 
47810 Petaling Jaya, 
Selangor Darul Ehsan.

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment