Saturday 2 August 2014

La Risata has been around since 1996 and I heard about it since 2-3 years back. The constant recommendation by some blogger prompt me to check out this place!

I even picked it as the venue for my birthday dinner! That's how high an expectation I have for this place after reading about the reviews. 

I was expecting some really tip top Italian food but the day before the dinner, boyfie told me that he have been there before and the food there is actually not that pleasing. I was like really?! But he told me I should try it for myself. I actually felt a little disappointment and wonder if I should change the venue?

However, he insisted I should try it for myself and I myself wanted to find out how is the food there. So to La Risata we went!


From pictures, I actually thought it was a bungalow turned restaurant venue but it was actually among some shop lots. I quite like the environment inside.



When we arrived, the who place was actually pretty occupied. Kinda glad we booked a place before heading there (:


When I turn open the menu, I was pretty impressed with the variety range of authentic Italian dishes. There's so many to choose from, I can't really decide on which and some even sounds alien to me!

We were first served bread basket with Tapenade (chopped olive + olive oil). It was different from the usual olive oil + vinegar but I still prefer the usual one.


I ordered a Minestrone Soup - RM 12 to start it off. It is one of most ordered soup besides the wild mushroom soup and never never turned out wrong. So practically, it was a very safe choice. However, the one served here was pretty disappointing. It feels like the soup was not cooked long enough and the taste does not sip into the ingredients. Disappointed with a Minestrone for the first time.


We ordered something we don't usually get to try, which is Ravioli Di Pesce on the left and Tortellini D'Anatra E Porc

  
Tortellini D'Anatra E Porc RM 36, a ring shaped pasta stuffed with duck meat and cheese.

I quite enjoy this even though I could not really figure out the duck meat in it. The taste of duck meat and cheese actually blended really well. However, I still feel this dish came with a price tag which is a little too hefty considering that it wasn't stuffed with expensive meat.



Ravioli Di Pesce RM 28, a house specialty is a plate of freshly made ravioli in a creamy salmon sauce.

It has quite a good combination of ingredients but the salmon meat wasn't solid and wholly. Rather, it feels a little soft as if it wasn't fresh enough. The cheesy and creamy sauce was rich in taste but it left me feeling a little bloated after.
 

Overall, the experience of dining in La Risata gives my taste bud a new experience. However, in terms of taste and food satisfaction, it wasn't that good. After the meal, I didn't feel full nor do I feel satisfied with the meal but instead, feels a little bloated from the pasta dishes.


IMHO, the dining experience there do not live up to the all the praising reviews. But then again, they had the award from TimeOutKL in year 2009 and year 2010 which is at leat 4 years ago. Perhaps the standard has really dropped.


The bill came up to RM102.10 although we just ordered 1 fresh fruit orange (come to think of it, it is rather inappropriate for them to charge RM12 for a glass of super diluted Orange Juice *pft*), 1 minestrone soup and 2 pasta.

It will probably be a one time off experience for me.

16 Pesiaran Ampang
55000 Kuala Lumpur

t.603 4252 6269

128 Jalan Kasah
Medan Damansara
50490 Kuala Lumpur

t.603 2095 9572

Lunch : 12.00pm-2.30pm
Dinner : 6.30pm-10.30pm
 
 

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment