Monday 16 October 2017


Gooood morningggg!!!~~~

Who gets excited waking up in the morning like me? Well, not always but definitely when there's delicious breakfast waiting for me! Yumms~
// Morning face //

// Zǎo by the bar //

So I found out about this place some time ago when I was passing by Section 19 while on my way to work. It's the clean minimalist Zǎo - Breakfast Anytime sign on a white background that captures my attention albeit being a little hidden by some stalls by the road side.

The name, 早 Zǎo  which means early / short form for morning wish in Chinese says it all. Very simple, it's a place for breakfast! Yes, only breakfast!

// Zao Menu //

Their meals are all sandwiches; the normal portion which range from RM9 to RM14 and the Big Plated which range from RM18 to RM26. I picked two choices from the Big Plated Range; Sexy Grilling and Cheezy Porky Grill Pineapple

The portion served was indeed pretty big. Two plates for three person if your appetite is averagely normal. One plate for two person if you have small appetite. Obviously I have a big appetite. Hehe.

 // Breakfast with me maybe? //

 // Zǎo Big Plated Sexy Grilling // 

 // Zǎo Big Plated Sexy Grilling //

Sexy Grilling (RM18) - open faced sandwich with grilled bacon, sauteed mushroom, diced tomato, cucumber and sunny side up.


The platter consist of two slices of pan fried bread, lots of sauteed mushroom and also diced tomatoes and cucumbers which are really fresh. I really enjoyed the diced vegetables because they were so freshly prepared that it was actually crunchy. The sauteed mushroom was seasoned just right, with their natural flavour retained and not too salty. Most of the lettuce was really fresh and crunchy too. 

The downside was that there was some slightly browned and wilted part which I did not expect to come across at all for the pricing they charge. I hope they would be more aware of their ingredients during preparation in the future. Bacons were too overcooked that it became very dry and almost crunchy.

// Wilted Vegetable //

Their organic black coffee RM5 (ice would be RM7) taste average with nothing to shout about. I also had a try on their Homemade Hot Ginger Molasses RM6 which I find it a little too hot and spicy to enjoy.

  // Zǎo Big Plated Cheezy Porky Grill Pineapple //

  // Zǎo Big Plated Cheezy Porky Grill Pineapple //

Cheezy Porky Grill Pineapple (RM20) - open faced sandwich with pickled pineapple, grilled mozzarella and pork loin.

This porky sandwich was almost a delicious treat with the pork loin lightly grilled retaining it's tenderness and juice. The lettuce was fresh and crunchy with some sweet and sourness from the pineapple. Topping it with a generous piece of mozzarella in between gives the sandwich a nice lift of flavour.

However, I wish they would served it with thicker piece of pork loin for better flavour and more vegetables and fruit for the price they charge.  


It has a very simple interior. Pretty much white with minimalist application giving it a clean and calming look. It is definitely a nice place for a small chat between besties or to get work done rather than just for a breakfast or brunch.


Overall, it was a pretty good meal not to mention very filling indeed, true to it's label being Big Plated. However, I find the price tag a little on the hefty side for what they offer on the plate. I would like to return to have a try on their normal sandwich range though since it was near my work place.

I am yet to judge but the normal sandwich seems to be a lot less pricey and portion looks pretty much the same to me.



Zǎo - Breakfast Anytime 

a: 50, Jln 19/3, Seksyen 19, 46300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
t: +6011-2828 9173




Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment