Saturday 19 July 2014

Sometimes, you don't realise that you're missing some one.
It is only when that person is in front of you that you suddenly have a gush of feeling of how much you miss them.

Weird.

-


Fish & Co. came to Malaysia in year 1998 but I only had my first platter of seafood here last weekend! I have passed by their outlets many times but it just didn't occur to me to try it.. until last weekend. #unexplainable.



Anyway, just going to have a short write-up to fill in my on-the-way-to-Sahara-dessert-blog. Lol.

Ordered the Seafood Platter for 2 consisting of grilled prawns, white fish, grilled calamari and blue mussels in garlic lemon butter sauce served with paella rice and chips!

I was hoping for a really fresh catch and sizzling hot meal because it really takes them sometime before the platter is served!

Squeezed lemon all over the platter but ironically, there wasn't enough lemon juices to go around! Hence I could not really taste the lemon although it would enhance the taste of the food.

Paella Rice: I tried the rice first and am disappointed that the rice is actually served cold! It was probably ready cooked and added to the platter but I wish they could at least take the initiative to heat it up? So it is kind of wasted because the paella rice would have taste so awesome if it is hot rather than just good :)

Grilled Calamari: This taste really yummy! It was springy and juicy but does not require much chewing like you can never bite them apart no matter how you chew! Like I've mentioned in one of my previous post, it is not easy to get squids grilled to perfection. So would definitely recommend this.

White Fish: Fillet! The last time I had a fillet was in McD? Fillet-O-Fish? Haha.. I was only expecting an ordinary taste but the fillet is really fresh! You can actually feel the sweetness and the meat chunk one by one.

Blue Mussel: The reason to order Platter for 2 was this! The platter for 1 does not come with mussels! so, yes! Must have mussels because I realllly realllly like mussels! The mussel was cooked with buttery and cheesy sauce which keeps you digging for more! Goes well with the mussel and the paella rice! The mussel meat was mostly separated from the shell. Hence I'm not sure if they did it on purpose for the ease of eating but there's one or two which is still slightly attached to the shell. However, no doubt that the mussels are also fresh!

Grilled Prawns: Kept the prawns to the very last! It was a let down because the prawns were not fresh. From the picture you can actually see that the prawns looks black and colourless. Usually a fresh prawn shell would should a pretty vivid orange colour when cooked. Rather, the prawns look dull here. Taste was a little  bland and I can actually feel that the meat is going to turn mushy. Thumbs down for this. Really did not expect to get this quality from a seafood restaurant.

 Chips: Not a fan of chips but since I eat them, they have got to be not bad. Lol.

The post turned out to be longer that I expect it to be..

Pavilion KL (with alfresco dining)
Lot No. C4.02.00,
Level 4, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur,
168 Jalan Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: + 6 03 2141 1350

Love their website with full menu! check it out here:
http://www.fish-co.com.my/ourmenu.html

Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment