Sunday 1 May 2016


So things might have settled down and little and I could slip in some me time to relax and unwind. (to counter the current pressure)

What's more enjoyable than to explore new places and lift off the current reality for a bit!

I've been eyeing this place for sometime but never take the initiative to check it out because..

one. I never really had some one who would tag along with me for this.
two. I heard it was pretty pricey (considering it's only a bowl of salad)

so.. yea, procrastination beats me to it. Haha..



It was God's will that on the day mom came to visit, I stumble across the 50% deal on offpeak for all in the menu! Must, make, it, there, anyhow!

I thought this was a new establishment of a salad bar but they actually already have one existing at Oasis Damansara since 2014! Anyhow, let's dig in to see what the Bangsar Outlet offers!


Order is self-service here. Head to the bar right in front of the entrance where you will see the menu / order form / pencils. You might feel a little lost looking at menu but you'll get a grip on it in a jiffy.

I actually prefer just looking at the order form. (:


Easy choice to make: Choose a Signature Salad (ceasar / steakhouse / chicken rice / smokin' chic / tuna / etc..) or a Seasonal Salad (mediterranean chickpea / crack tofu / asian chicken)

If I'm not mistaken, they actually do not state the ingredients for the choices above in their menu. Have a peek at the menu board behind the salad bar.


I've decided on the third choice: Make-Your-Own-Salad (:

There's again, choices for customization:

Vegan (RM19.50): 1 Base + 5 Supplements + 2 Premiums + 1 Topping + 1 Dressing
Regular (RM20.50): 1 Base + 5 Supplements + 1 Protein + 1 Topping + 1 Dressing
Large (RM25.50): 1 Base + 5 Supplements + 2 Premiums + 1 Protein + 1 Topping + 1 Dressing


So, this is my regular chai-bak-mee salad. (insert laughing + tearing emoticon)

Direct translation from Hokkien is vege-meat-noodle salad. (insert laughing + tearing emoticon)


In my Regular Chai (RM20.50): Mixed Lettuce / Hard Boiled Egg / Roasted Baby Potato / Tomato / Japanese Cucumber / Crispy Noodles / Grilled Chicken / Ebiko / Manuka Teriyaki (Dressing)

The presentation looks good, enough to lure you to dig in! The crispy noodles was a good edition to enhance the experience but when mom saw the noodles, she asked; why did you add the cheap noodles! 

Can't help but to... (insert laughing + tearing emoticon)

I don't think my mouth realize the existence of the ebiko after I mix the salad.. I'll probably opt for something else next time.

All in all, it was a pretty satisfying meal! Yes, a pretty filling meal and not just your average starter.






In mom's Regular Chai (RM20.50): Mixed Leaves / Hard Boiled Egg / Carrot / Beetroot / Ramen / Manuka Honey Soy Chicken / Dried Shrimp / Roasted Sesame (Dressing)

We actually wasnted the Romaine Lettuce but it was out of stock. A lot of the ingredients were sold out during our visit but it was still a good visit. Guess it was all due to the 50% offpeak promo. Drinks were not to be excluded as well. Mom wanted the Advococo but sold out as well..


We settle for something more common; Berrynana (RM12.50) and Mango Passion (RM12.50). It would be good if they could give the smoothies a stronger fruity flavour. Other than that, it was a refreshing drink.


The bill came up to a total of RM33.50, after a 50% discount from RM67.00. For this price, it is actually a little expensive to be an everyday meal but I guess I would still pop in once in a blue moon for some salad indulgence. :) 


It was a good visit! Enjoyed my meal and had a good catch up time with mom! Inspired and gave me insights to preparing a better salad at home too! That is.. if I'm not too lazy. Haha.. 


Here's what the Bangsar place looks like. Placed on the same row as Inside Scoop., just a few shop down the road. Go check out the place! It's definitely worth a visit!


Chai Bar


a: Oasis Damansara - G31, Oasis Village, Oasis Square, Jalan PJU 1A/7A, Oasis Damansara, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
t: +603-78320524
h: Tuesday to Sunday, 11.00am to 9.00pm

a: Bangsar - No. 15, Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur.
t: +603-2201-0756
h: Monday to Sunday, 10.00am to 10.00pm


Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment