Thursday 24 October 2013

Heard of Simple Life? Nope, it's not a reality T.V. show. It's actually an eatery that has been around for quite sometime but I did not get to try it out till yesterday..


It was totally packed when I was there, all tables occupied. So I had to wait for a few minutes before there's an empty table. I actually place a high expectation on the food and the environment after all the comments I heard from other people..


 It says that it's A New Healthy Vegetarian Concept with No MSG, No Transfat, No Colouring, No Preservatives, Natural & Organic. Let's see how true is that :)


Wanted to try their Organic Lei Cha Set Meal because a lot of people recommended it and it's even on the first page of their menu but did not do so. Probably because not many places serves this dish but I can actually get it at a few places that serves really promising Lei Cha. :)


Choose to have Vegetarian Asam Fish Rice Set instead because I'm actually craving for Vege Asam Fish ^^ and they do look very delicious from the menu photo, right?


Set comes with a bowl of Brown Rice, Salad, Old Cucumber Soup, Half of Fried Mash Potato, Vege and also of course abowl of Vegetarian Asam Fish! The gravy was a tad bit too spicy for me (I can't take even mild spiciness =/ Sucks I know..) and less flavorful as I expect it to be. A little disappointing as I was really looking forward to enjoying my meal. The bowl of rice was a lot and hence, very filling.


Mom had their Nasi Lemak. It came with Brown Rice, Cracker, Sunny Side Up Fried Egg (my favourite egg of having the egg cooked but really dislike the yellow yolk. Isn't organic egg suppose to have orange colour yolk rather than pale yellow yolk? Hmm.. now I'm skeptical about their egg source..), Chunks of Pumpkin in Chilli Paste, Slices of Cucumber, Sambal, Fried Peanuts and ofcourse Fried Vegetarian Anchovies (had a bite and just taste like friend flour?) . Mom said she felt bloated after the meal. Could be due to the chunks of pumpkin and brown rice. =/


I like their mix fruit drinks though. Ordered this Apple+Pineapple+Cucumber+Beetroot Mix and it taste really nice! There's a taste I have never tried before. Could be the Beetroot. This is something I'd recommended.


Anyway, in terms of environment and food presentation, it was really good but in terms of taste wise, it was just Meh in my opinion. Probably because my aunt can cook really well Vegetarian dishes ^^ Perhaps they should also revise their ingredients in the Nasi Lemak dish such as reducing the amount of pumpkin or even replacing it with chilli paste fried dried mushroom. In terms of pricing, it is a little pricy for just vege ingredients but it is expected like other overrated vegetarian and organic eateries. RM45 for the two set meal + a drink.

I would not put it into my frequent visit list for meals but maybe I would go back to try their noodles and also as a hangout place because of their drinks :)

The Gardens Mall
LG-232A, Lower Ground Floor,
The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley City,
Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel : 03-2202 1328 
Fax : 03-2202 1329

0 comments:

Post a Comment