Friday 28 September 2018


Mid-Autumn Festival has always been one of my favourite festival of the year because of the delicious jelly moon cakes mom would buy every year. However, somehow I was a little sad this year because we did not get any jelly mooncake this year.

Still, spending time with mom this year during Mid-Autumn Festival made it so much more enjoyable and meaningful. It’s been 3 years since I’ve been away from home and I’m more than happy to be finally moving home and spending more time with mom. <3


Having some time off work, we made quite a drive from home to this new place called Plaza Arkadia in Desa ParkCity to check out the Mid-Autumn Festival. Apparently, there’s a weekend bazaar and lots of interesting activities happening. It sounds like really interesting and I’m glad I made a trip here with my loved ones.

This casual stroll has brought so much laughter and joy as we enjoy watching our little new family member (my little nephew) laughing and smiling so happily while being intrigued by those brightly lit colour lanterns and also water fountains.

Plaza Arkadia is still a fairly new establishment in the Desa ParkCity but it was done so well with many different eateries around the huge water fountain that I find myself really enjoying this new environment. Everyone seems to be relaxing in an assortment of eateries and also around the colourful water fountain which brings so much live to the place! People were sitting around the fountain, creating laughters once in a while and kids would play with the waters shooting up from the floor while giggling, it was a spread of happy vibe and joy. While on the other corner, there's Lady Chang'E going around in the cloud with her partner spreading joy. 

 

There were a small area set up for weekend bazaars and I have to admit they have some lovely clothing accessories stall there which are totally girl’s favourite. That’s not all, there are also a variety of stalls to cater to all people such as a DIY Toy Figuring stall which I find really amazing and interesting, there’s a stall selling DIY canvas painting which I have always wanted to try for myself, and also a stall selling delicious Musang King mooncake! Super yumms!


Desa ParkCity has always organized events to bring family closer and this time, not to be missed is the Keychain and also Lantern workshop where parents can learn how to do it together with their kids! My little nephew was too young but I would definitely like to bring him to explore such opportunities when he gets much older! I even saw a kid enjoying   his creation with his mom! Sweetness!




Bering a girl, my favourite stalls are those selling fashion clothing and also one which sells about Korean hair tie and accessories. It reminds me how long I have been such a plain jane! Sure is exciting to purchase from pretty ones! Did I tell you that it is interesting to find Batik design gowns which my aunt would always wear as her night wear? It brings back some nostalgic memories.





There was also a stall selling little green plants! Apparently they don’t need much watering. I love how a plant which needs little care can brighten up the environment. All of them actually looks really pretty with their own characteristics. 




It was really fun and I love to come back to this place again someday. Definitely recommending you to give a visit too even there's no special occasion. The environment and variety of eateries is a great place for hangout and gatherings.

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment