Thursday, 13 May 2010

On the 1st of April 2010, I was @ The Mines Shopping Centre. As I was looking for a white hamster, I decided to drop by a pet store that's in Mines Shopping Centre. I found out that there was a Pet Lovers Centre and went there to check it out. It was a pretty quiet environment when I was there as it is still early and there were no people in there store except the people working there (apparently pet loving staffs).

While I was browsing through the hamster selections, I saw a hamster lying on it's back. I took a closer look and very obviously, it looks like a victim from a fight as I could roughly see that it's eyes are hurt and looked like it bled. I dragged my friend's (who was at the store before I arrived) attention to that poor soul and she told me that hamster was already like that. Out of curiosity, I asked one of the staff there about the hamster but she does not seems to care much. The respond that she gave me was this...

"Oh, perhaps it is sleeping" ...and continued with her task!!!! I gave a horrid look and was so mad! I just felt that I have to blog this because how can such a person works there?!?! People who does not have a heart for animals! I took pictures to annoyed her and when she saw me taking pictures, she quickly signal to me to stop it (and obviously there's no sign there stating that I can't take pictures) and took away the poor soul. I wonder what she did to it x.x



from inside the store
from outside the store


from outside the store


staff requirement

Forsakengel.

Tagged: , ,

7 comments:

  1. yea... exactly! how can some one like that works in a pet store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how u knw tat is dead ald..cnt it sleep o..if u have hamster b4 u will knw when it sleep is like tat de..dun be stupid like tat saying it die..get some knowledge b4 saying lah..

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't you differentiate a corpse and a sleeping person? there's breathing movements. I'm not shallow like you. I had like 30+ hamsters once... and I still have 2 now. Maybe you're the one who should learn not to judge like that and assume your knowledge is on top of the world. If I am not an animal lover, I would not take the initiative to write this post just to simple put these people out of business, okay? So maybe next time you can be more polite and ask for more information first before you decide to stupidly shoot your bullets at people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know for a fact that hamsters don’t get the chance to lie around dead for a long time because they usually get torn apart or eaten up by their fellow hamsters, until nothing much is left. Could it be that it’s sleeping? Because they always sleep in a position that makes them look like they are dead. Another telltale sign is whether any blood has been shed. It doesn’t seem like it though, based on the photos?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did see that there's blood on it's eye on the other side and it looks frozen. No breathing movements at all.. It's not that tough to notice if it's breathing, or not, true? Also, it is not always that they get eaten up or chewed on =/ Unless they're that hungry or they are aiming for the food in their pouch..

    More over, if it wasn't dead, the assistant at the pet store could explain about it but she seems so ignorant and rude.. Also, if you did read the whole post, you would have read that I mentioned the ignorant staff took away the corpse of the hamster when she saw me taking picture of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this website was very much informative as well as had a broad collection as for differnet areas. I genuinely appreciated the fascinating contents and the reader contributions themselves had been appropriate as well as insightful.

    ReplyDelete